Do we do our food-grade liner and wicking bed kits in custom sizes? Yes! We certainly do.
We can cut to almost any size: your maximum dimension on one side is 3.76m; the other dimension can be anything up to just over half a kilometre…
- Water potable food grade heavy duty plastic liner
And, if you choose the Wicking Kit option:
- Geotextile fabric to keep soil and water reservoir separate
- Our wicking bed plumbing assembly
- Comprehensive fitting instructions (written and video)
The kit includes enough liner to go to the top of your bed. For wicking functionally it only needs to reach top of the water layer but the excess liner will protect your timber from soil moisture extending the life of your bed, while giving you plenty of wiggle room to get everything installed easily!
Note that you will need to:
- make a 35mm hole through the side of your bed for the plumbing assembly to pass through (for timber beds the best tool is a hole saw attachment for your drill).
- acquire the screenings (stones) for the reservoir, and soil (we’ll give you tips on ordering good material).
Our calculations above are based the external dimensions of a typical timber bed which has 50mm thick sleepers. If you have a timber bed that’s thicker get in touch before ordering as we’ll need to include a different plumbing kit.