VEG Wicking Beds
Wicking beds are a revolutionary way of watering. They help you save time and water, while producing lush, healthy, and unstressed veggies regardless of the heat of the season.
Getting it right can be technical and tricky though. After years installing hundreds of wicking beds at home and professionally, we now offer our foolproof wicking bed conversion kits and instructional materials to the public.
Our wicking beds use heavy duty food-grade plastic liner which is good for your health and resilient against leaks. We also use the overflow and drainage system of our own invention which is now becoming an industry standard.
Along with free instructions and advice based on years of experience and many hundreds of wicking beds, we sell:
- DIY wicking bed conversion kits (potable-water grade liner, geotextile fabric, and plumbing assemblies)
- the actual work of converting your existing beds to wicking (please contact us to request quote)
- the repair of faulty wicking beds installed by yourself or others (please contact us to request quote)
- natural cypress veggie bed edging, whether as DIY kitsets or fully installed by our professional team
- and we also run workshops for community groups and councils
We wish you well in your wicking bed adventures, and we hope you find something of use on this site!
Very Edible Gardens (VEG) is a permaculture design, education and gardening company in Melbourne Australia directed by Dan Palmer and Adam Grubb, pictured above with the VEG Wicking Bed team Carey and Jeremy.
While we created this site to focus on our wicking bed offerings, you can check out our popular courses and other offerings over at the main VEG website.